STAGE Youth Ministry Director
STAGE (Somewhere To Ask God Everything) is a ministry open to all youth enrolled in grades 6th-12th that meets weekly during the school year. Fun, service, community engagement, and relationships are the foundational building blocks of STAGE Metro Detroit is an innovative and resilient region that believes its best days are ahead of it. Southeast Michigan is one of the most diverse communities in North America. Metro Detroit offers world renowned universities, Fortune 500 companies, and the opportunity to make a difference. STAGE is proud to be a shared youth ministry supported by Presbyterian and Lutheran churches in Berkley, Ferndale, and Royal Oak. The STAGE congregations embrace the teachings of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Currently the four STAGE congregations consist of First Presbyterian Church of Royal Oak, Drayton Presbyterian, Greenfield Presbyterian, and Cana Lutheran.
The STAGE Youth Director has the responsibility for facilitating and supporting Middle School and High School age programming. The job requires a commitment of 15-20 hours/week, which includes Sunday evenings, some Saturdays and prep time.
• Ability to communicate with parents and STAGE supporters
• Strong organization, planning, and communication skills are a must
• Possess a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
• Ability to establish relationships with youth
• A college degree is preferred but not required
• Self-Starter who can initiate and implement fresh ideas for youth ministry
• Passion for youth ministry
• Inclusive spirit that seeks to include those in our communities who are vulnerable, bullied, and/or marginalized
• A willingness to wrestle with questions of faith and self-development
• A desire to see youth grow and thrive
Specific Duties Include:
• Outreach into the Berkley/Royal Oak communities and surrounding areas.
• Planning and delivering weekly Sunday evening youth gatherings.
• Develop and implement a calendar of youth programming; included is planning a summer mission trip for senior high youth and a middle school mission week.
• Engage youth in fundraising to support youth programming.
• Engage volunteers to support youth programming.
• Attend Sunday morning worship at the STAGE congregations on a regular basis.
• Encourage STAGE youth to attend worship experiences offered by the STAGE congregations.
• Integration of STAGE ministry in the worship lives of our individual congregations.
• Be available for 30 Sundays from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. during the academic year (September through May).
• Plan and attend at least six community service opportunities during the academic year (September through May).
• Attend a monthly STAGE Youth Council meeting (Fourth Tuesday of the month; 7:00 PM-8:00PM).
• Be available for a week in June 2022 to lead a middle school mission week.
• Be available for a week in July 2022 to lead a high school mission trip.
• Attend periodic performance reviews conducted by the S.T.A.G.E. Pastors
• 15-20 hours per week during the academic year; summer hours to support youth programming.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Salary is paid on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Employment is on an at-will basis and may be terminated by either party at any time during the anticipated period of employment.
Resumes with references should be submitted to Rev. Anders Edstrom at Pastor@greenfieldchurch.com